S100 Adapter - Hole Stacked
The S100 Adapter - Hole Stacked is a certified Rhomb.io Adapter that allows you to rise any S100 module above the motherboard. With this Adapter you can design Rhomb.io modules with components on the bottom side that exceed the 0.8 mm height that the Rhomb.io standard defines between the Motherboard PCB and the Modules PCB.
The next figure shows a 3D view for the S100 Adapter - Hole Stacked.
- Use of modules with components on the bottom side that exceed the 0.8 mm height
The S100 Adapter - Hole Stacked has no other function but rise S100 modules above the motherboard in order to prevent the collision between bottom side components of the module and the motherboard jeopardizes the correct connection between the PCB. This Adapter just take all the Rhomb.io signals from the plug connector on the bottom side to the receptacle connector on the top side. Be careful with the polarization indicated with the mark located in the top left.
The next figure shows the block diagram for the S100 Adapter - Hole Stacked:
Bill Of Materials
- Precaution against Electrostatic Discharge. When handling Rhomb.io products, ensure that the environment is protected against static electricity. Follow the next recommendations:
- The users should wear anti-static clothing and use earth band when manipulating the device.
- All objects that come in direct contact with devices should be made of materials that do not produce static electricity that would cause damage.
- Equipment and work table must be earthed.
- Ionizer is recommended to remove electron charge.
- Contamination. Be sure to use semiconductor products in the environment that may not be exposed to dust or dirt adhesion.
- Temperature/Humidity. Semiconductor devices are sensitive to environment temperature and humidity. High temperature or humidity may deteriorate semiconductor devices characteristics. Therefore avoid storage or usage in such conditions.
- Mechanical Shock. Care should be exercised not to apply excessive mechanical shock or force on the connectors and semiconductors devices.
- Chemical. Do not expose semiconductor device to chemical because reaction to chemical may cause deterioration of device characteristics.
- Light Protection. In case of non-EMC (Epoxy Molding Compound) package, do not expose semiconductor IC to strong light. It may cause devices malfunction. Some special products which utilize the light or have security function are excepted from this specification.
- Radioactive, Cosmic and X-ray. Semiconductor devices can be influenced by radioactive, cosmic ray or X-ray. Radioactive, cosmic and X-ray may cause soft error during device operation. Therefore semiconductor devices must be shielded under environment that may be exposed to radioactive, cosmic ray or X-ray.
- EMS (Electromagnetic Susceptibility). Note that semiconductor devices characteristics may be affected by strong electromagnetic waves or magnetic field during operation.
Rhomb.io reserves the right to make corrections, enhancements, improvements and other changes to its products and services, and to discontinue any product or service. Buyers should obtain the latest relevant information before placing orders and should verify that such information is current and complete. All the hardware products are sold subject to the Rhomb.io terms and conditions of sale supplied at the time of order acknowledgment.
All brand names, trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
We are constantly striving to improve the quality of our technical notes. If you find an error or omission please let us know.
Email us at: email@example.com