S100 Slave - NFC PN532
The S100 Slave - NFC PN532 is a certified Rhomb.io module with a highly integrated transceiver module for near field communication at 13.56 MHz based on the 80C51 microcontroller core supporting different card and reader/writer operating modes.
The next figure show a 3D view for the S100 Slave - NFC PN532.
- Mobile and portable devices
- Consumer applications
The S100 Slave - NFC PN532 has been build around the 80C51 microcontroller core, with 40 KB ROM and 1 KB RAM. It suppurts 6 different operating modes:
- ISO/IEC 14443A/MIFARE Reader/Writer
- FeliCa Reader/Writer
- ISO/IEC 14443B Reader/Writer
- ISO/IEC 14443A/MIFARE Card MIFARE Classic 1K or MIFARE Classic 4K card emulation mode
- FeliCa Card emulation
- ISO/IEC 18092, ECMA 340 Peer-to-Peer
For more technical details, see the PN532 datasheet.
The module supports SPI, I2C and High Speed UART interfaces. You can use the host interface by open or close the "SEL0" and "SEL1" solder-jumpers. To do so, use the following table:
The S100 Slave - NFC PN532 offers the possibility of using different antennas. The main antenna is a PCB antenna attached to the module. To more antennas can be connected in the available UMCC antenna connectors. These antennas can not work at the same time, a switch controlled by the IO0 signal of the Rhomb.io connector (or the P35 signal from the PN532, depends on the version) enables or disables one or the other.
A LED is assembled on the module in order to give status feedback to the user. The LED turn off when the circuit is in reset state.
The following figure identifies the main components onboard.
The next figure shows the Block Diagram for the S100 Slave - NFC PN532.
|S100 Slave - NFC PN532 Features|
|Highly integrated transceiver module for contactless communication at 13.65 MHz|
|Internal and external antenna option|
|ISO/IEC 14443x/MIFARE/FeliCa Reader/Writer|
|ISO/IEC 14443A/MIFARE Card MIFARE Classic|
|1K or MIFARE Classic 4K card emularion mode|
|Operating distance in Reader/Writer mode: up to 50 mm depending on the antenna size and tuning|
|UART, SPI and I2C interfaces|
|Op. voltage: VSYS and VBAT|
|Op. temperature: -30 ºC to +85 ºC|
The following table indicates the available serial interfaces of the Rhomb.io standard used in this module. This table relates the interfaces of the Rhomb.io standard with the net names of the schematic and with the components to which they are connected.
|Rhomb.io Interface||Schematic Signal||Component||Component Pin|
GPIOs and Control Signal
The following table summarizes the GPIOs and Control Signals used on the S100 Slave - NFC PN532. This table relates the signals of the Rhomb.io standard with the net names of the schematic and with the components to which they are connected.
|Rhomb.io Signal||Schematic Signal||Component||Component Pin|
|1WIRE||1WIRE||ID Memory (U2)||IO|
|IO||IO0||RF Switch (U3)||CTRL|
The S100 Slave - NFC PN532 can use the VSYS rail or the VBAT rail. Make sure that at least one of these rails is enabled on the motherboard you are going to plug this module.
You can find more information about power consumption in the PN532 datasheet.
Bill of materials
- Precaution against Electrostatic Discharge. When handling Rhomb.io products, ensure that the environment is protected against static electricity. Follow the next recommendations:
- The users should wear anti-static clothing and use earth band when manipulating the device.
- All objects that come in direct contact with devices should be made of materials that do not produce static electricity that would cause damage.
- Equipment and work table must be earthed.
- Ionizer is recommended to remove electron charge.
- Contamination. Be sure to use semiconductor products in the environment that may not be exposed to dust or dirt adhesion.
- Temperature/Humidity. Semiconductor devices are sensitive to environment temperature and humidity. High temperature or humidity may deteriorate semiconductor devices characteristics. Therefore avoid storage or usage in such conditions.
- Mechanical Shock. Care should be exercised not to apply excessive mechanical shock or force on the connectors and semiconductors devices.
- Chemical. Do not expose semiconductor device to chemical because reaction to chemical may cause deterioration of device characteristics.
- Light Protection. In case of non-EMC (Epoxy Molding Compound) package, do not expose semiconductor IC to strong light. It may cause devices malfunction. Some special products which utilize the light or have security function are excepted from this specification.
- Radioactive, Cosmic and X-ray. Semiconductor devices can be influenced by radioactive, cosmic ray or X-ray. Radioactive, cosmic and X-ray may cause soft error during device operation. Therefore semiconductor devices must be shielded under environment that may be exposed to radioactive, cosmic ray or X-ray.
- EMS (Electromagnetic Susceptibility). Note that semiconductor devices characteristics may be affected by strong electromagnetic waves or magnetic field during operation.
Rhomb.io reserves the right to make corrections, enhancements, improvements and other changes to its products and services, and to discontinue any product or service. Buyers should obtain the latest relevant information before placing orders and should verify that such information is current and complete. All the hardware products are sold subject to the Rhomb.io terms and conditions of sale supplied at the time of order acknowledgment.
All brand names, trademarks and registered trademarks belong to their respective owners.
We are constantly striving to improve the quality of our technical notes. If you find an error or omission please let us know.
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org